What OCRA Does
- We monitor and comment on planning applications in Chesterton Village and we support local residents in planning applications and appeals. OCRA has influenced many planning applications, large and small, for example the Vie development, and the Maltings in the High Street.
- We have campaigned successfully for the extension of the Conservation Area in East Chesterton and along the riverside.
- We helped establish St Andrew's Hall as a new facility for th local community.
- We comment on City and County consultations which affect our area and lobby for changes which will benefit people locally.
- We support the need for green spaces and improved recreation facilities. In particular, OCRA continues to campaign for better sporting facilities in East Chesterton.
- We established the Friends of Stourbridge Common.
- We attend meetings of the City Council North Area Committee, and speak on local issues and concerns.
- We are members of the Federation of Cambridge Residents' Associations (FeCRA), and two of our members are on the FeCRA committee.
- We attend meetings of the City Council Residents' Association Forum
- We consider transport issues affecting Chesterton such as bus services, parking and traffic calming and lobby for improvements.
- We work closely with local councillors, council officers and the police.
Site Last Updated - 05/05/2017 14:16:28